Monday, July 6, 2009

Vive Le Tour




Time speeds past and it is already July. What happened to June, how did it get so buried under pressing duties, long work hours and endless things demanding my time and energy. 


For me July heralds the start of the Tour de France, a great event that I have been following for quite a number of years now. I never really took to sport and nor can I claim to be much of a cyclist at all. Yet despite this there is something quite appealing about this particular event. The scenery itself is so spectacular and no other sport can claim such a stunningly beautiful stadium.


So it is such a pleasure to snuggle up late at night and sleepily watch the roads of France unwind before you. The photographers have a real visual eye for capturing fascinating things and so many of the people it passes are also making their little contributions to the event with their roadside decorations. 


So in the spirit of the Tour de France I have baked some bicycle cookies, they are a ginger/cinnamon flavour with a hint of lemon peel. 


Now if only the members of my Fantasy Cycling Tour will start performing so I can stop regretting the decision to omit Cancellara and Cavendish from my team. Fingers crossed and good luck to you Cadel... 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am with you. I love watching the tour. It is getting off to an interesting start this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are spectacular! Love them. Thanks for the fascinating travel stories, too! Wonderful to have you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking cookies! Don't agree about the whole Tour de France thing though - one of the joys of living in the UK (and not in Belgium anymore) is that the whole Tour hardly gets any coverage here...

    ReplyDelete